Vision care technology is constantly changing, improving, and advancing which allows our optometrists to see further into the eye. At Iris Bright Optometry, checking the health of your eyes and screening for early signs of disease is our DNA. Our doctors and staff will perform some or all of your tests using the following technology, depending on individual needs:
Do you remember the old way, when you looked through this archaic instrument with lots of dials and lenses and your doctor repeatedly asked “Which is better? One, or two?” You probably got anxiety just trying to give the right answers. Is this how we still do eye exams, by trial and error?
No more. Out with the old, in with the new.
Exclusive to partners of LensCrafters, we are proud to feature the Clarifye℠ digital eye exam.
The Clarifye℠ digital exam helps reduce the guesswork of the exam so that refraction and vision acuity tests are fast and more precise and so that you get more discussion time with your doctor. Even before asking that initial question, your doctor already has a very good idea of your prescription.
Clarifye℠ Digital Eye Exam
Clarifye uses a sophisticated group of digital eye exam instruments: the vision profiler, the lens profiler, and a digital projector/phoropter.
- The vision profiler captures your eye’s unique front surface characteristics (for better results fitting contact lenses, for example) and helps diagnose corneal diseases. The vision profiler also measures how light passes through your eyes, providing a very precise starting point for your refractive correction if you need one
- The lens profiler quickly and accurately measures the prescription off of your old glasses.
- The digital projector and phoropter replace the old sign or projection on the wall and the old-school device with all those dials and switches. It takes only a few minutes to achieve very precise results including whether your night vision requires a different prescription
- The health of your retina, blood vessels, and the rest of your eye is assessed using digital retinal imaging techniques when you do the otomap® retinal scan
By using the Clarifye℠ platform, the eye doctors at Iris Bright Optometry can provide you a digitally precise and more accurate prescription, show you the difference between your old and new prescriptions and have more time to discuss important steps you can take to protect your sight long term.
Mediworks S390L Firefly WDR with Dry Eye Module
The Mediworks S390L Firefly WDR is one of the newest high-quality optical slit lamp microscopes on the market. It includes a wide dynamic range, high resolution camera that is used to record and show you any abnormalities that our optometrist sees on your eyes and eyelids. Its integrated infrared technology allows for meibography, which is the imaging of your meibomian glands so we can better diagnose your dry eye.
The MediWorks Firefly WDR slit lamp provides you:
- A better eye exam experience as you can see what the doctor sees
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss any pathology on the eyes, eyelids and meibomomian glands that your eye doctor discovers at the time of your exam
- The definitive answer on whether your dry eye is caused by meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD)
- A permanent record for your file, which allows our doctor to show you any improvements or changes after you complete your red eye or dry eye treatment plan
Even the best eye doctor can’t give you the best eye care if he or she uses subpar tools. Bringing photo, video and meibography capabilities to the exam room will make your eye exam more personal so you can understand and see what our optometrist sees.
optomap® Retinal Imaging
The retina is the back part of your eye that captures the image of what you are looking at, similar to film in a camera. The retina is the only place in your body where blood vessels can be seen directly, without cutting you open. Many eye problems can develop without you knowing. You may not even notice any change in your sight.
An optomap® retinal scan provides:
- An ultra-widefield 200° image of the surface of the retina taken in seconds
- Dilation drops are not necessary, but our doctors will decide if your pupils need to be dilated for further testing, particularly to view the periphery
- Dilation shows 15% of your retina at one time vs. optomap’s ability to capture 82% of your retina in one capture
- Early detection, diagnosis and improved treatment guidance for many eye conditions and diseases, such as glaucoma, aged-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy, retinal tears or detachments, as well as early signs of life-threatening systemic diseases such as cancer, stroke, aneurysm and cardiovascular disease
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the optomap® image of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam
- A permanent record for your file, which allows our doctor to look for subtle changes in your retina every year
The optomap® retinal scan produces an image that is as unique as your fingerprint. It is fast, easy and comfortable for all ages. You simply look in the device one eye at a time and will see a comfortable flash of light to let you know the image of your retina has been taken.
If you value your eyes, a yearly retinal scan is a no-brainer to detect any eye disease early.
Optovue AngioVue® OCT Angiography
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive imaging test, similar to a CT scan, that uses light waves to take cross-section pictures of your retina. It allows our doctor to visualize the structure of your eye, from the front (or anterior segment), to the back (or retina).
OCT-Angiography (OCTA) is the newest emerging imaging technique and the only non-invasive way for your doctor to visualize the microvasculature (blood vessels) of your retina and choroid; which previously, could only be seen after a lengthy procedure of contrast dye injection.
We are currently the only independent optometrist within LensCrafters in the Orange County area that has this advanced of OCT technology in-house.
An Optovue AngioVue® OCTA scan provides:
- A cross section picture of the retina
- Early detection, diagnosis and improved treatment guidance for many eye conditions and diseases, such as glaucoma, aged-related macular degeneration (AMD), and diabetic retinopathy, the top 3 diseases known to cause blindness
- Potential detection of Alzheimer’s as early as 5-10 years before cognitive impairment (based on latest research studies)
- A permanent record for your file, which allows our doctor to look for subtle changes every year
At Iris Bright Optometry, we strongly believe in protecting the health of your eyes with preventive care to avert more involved eye disease treatments. We are proud to include a complimentary OCT Wellness scan as part of your exam when you do optomap® retinal imaging.
Sight Sciences TearCare®
For patients who suffer from moderate to severe dry eye, TearCare® is a blink-assisted device that provides adjustable heat to the eyelids in order to liquify and remove blockage associated with meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD).
- a comfortable open-eye experience that allows you to naturally blink while heat is applied to your eyelids to unblock your meibomian glands, which is considered the main cause of evaporative dry eye (EDE).
- a personalized system that can suit any eyelid shape or size
- lasting dry eye relief in as little as 15 minutes
Using eye drops or artificial tears for relief is never a long-term satisfactory solution when you suffer from dry eye. Read more about all your dry eye treatment options and speak with our eye doctor to see if TearCare® can work for you.