The main advantages of contact lenses are:
- You can show the beauty of your natural eye color better or experiment with different eye color with color contact lenses
- Contact lenses don’t clash with what you are wearing, or you don’t like the looks of eyeglasses
- Better overall and peripheral vision due to no obstruction from eyeglass frames
- More freedom of movement because contact lenses don’t get in the way when playing sports and exercising
- Contact lenses don’t get affected by atmospheric conditions and won’t fog up due to humidity or cold weather like glasses. No splattering during rain either
- Specialty contact lenses like orthokeratology (Ortho-K) and corneal reshaping therapy (CRT) can reshape your cornea while you sleep to temporarily correct myopia and allow you to see clearly the next day without glasses or contacts
To read more about the advantages and disadvantages of contact lenses by type, please visit the following American Optometric Association (AOA) page.