Contact Lenses Give You More Peripheral Vision
With new materials and lens technologies coming out every year, contacts are more comfortable, safer and easier to wear than ever before. Based on your individual needs and lifestyle, our eye doctor will prescribe you one of the following:
- Daily Disposable Lenses: A Fresh Pair Every Day! Don’t worry about ever using contact lens solution at night again. For the best comfort and hygiene of the eye, daily contact lenses are the best.
- Bifocal and Multifocal Contact Lenses: if you need correction for presbyopia but dislike the idea of bifocal eyeglasses or have been previously unsuccessful in finding bifocal/multifocal contact lenses that met your needs, ask our eye doctor if there’s newer technology that now may suit you better.
- Toric Contact Lenses (for Astigmatism): “I can’t wear soft contacts; I have astigmatism.” This once-true statement is now simply a myth.
- Monthly Replacement Lenses: if your prescription power doesn’t come in a daily, our eye doctor may find you monthly contact lenses to try. Monthly contact lenses are stronger and more durable than dailies but require you to disinfect them every night to keep your eyes healthy and minimize risk of infections.
- Contact Lenses for the “Hard to Fit” Patient: challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, keratoconus and dry eyes needn’t be a barrier to contact lens wear. Custom hard contact lenses, also called Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP), require more time and patience but may be worth a try if all else fails.
Through our partnership with LensCrafters, we carry one of the largest inventories of contact lens trials for you to pick and try on the same day in most cases. If your contact lens power or type is not available, we can special-order them for you to be ready within a few days or our optometrist can substitute you with something similar.
Contact Lens Brands We Carry
Our LensCrafters’ in-store inventory and choice of brands are subject to change at any given time. Contact us ahead of time if you are looking for something specific.
Contact Lenses or Glasses… Why choose?
There’s no denying that wearing contact lenses gives you more independence. There’s a time and place for both. However, we’ll just share what many have said to us after they’ve happily converted to contact lenses: “Once you go contact lenses, you may never go back!”